Friday, March 26, 2010

safira verde, east sydney

My new favourite cafe near my work. This used to be Jan's Cafe, which was a favourite with my boss actually, so I'm not sure if she's been back since it's changed to being Safira Verde (which their website - and google translator - tells me mean means "Green Sapphire"). They serve Campos coffee (mmm...) and delicious sandwiches and cakes (although Sweet Infinity does remain the star around here for all things sweet). Best thing of all, the owner is super nice, and remembers my name even though I try not to go too often (both for the sake of my wallet - not that they're expensive - and moreso for my health! Too much caffeine makes flapflap turn into flappityflappityflappityfllllllazzzzzz).

Safira Verde
63 Crown Street
East Sydney NSW 2011

(02) 9332 4277

You can find more information here, including that the chef used to work at Kawa Cafe, Surry Hills (I haven't been there myself, but some of you foodies out there might know it?)

Here's the menu for reference since it doesn't seem to be available on their website (click to make bigger and hence readable)


While you're in the area, why not check out some of my other East Sydney recommendations? :) (shameless cross-promotion there!) I've got my eye out to try out these places next special occasion (La Brasserie for the custard, strawberry and rhubarb millefeuille, Lanzafame because it replaced Ouzo 88, which always seemed a bit on the quiet side)

No comments:

Post a Comment