Thursday, March 25, 2010

blog review: nippon desu ne

I really, really want to go to Japan. Our first plans were thwarted when I tore my ACL in my first overseas trip to NZ, resulting in an operation that needed time for recovery. Then we considered combining our recent HK trip in December 2009/ January 2010 with a Japan side trip, but I decided it'd be too rushed because I think Japan really deserves a trip on its own. Currently, we're aiming for end of this year. Fingers crossed that it'll finally happen!

In the meantime, I've had to content myself with:

Quirky Japan Blog - as we're currently house hunting, I found this rather amusing. This also prompted a giggle.

Japan Style - this article prompted detailed discussion on my other blog (blatant cross-promotion of blogs! Like product placement, but worse!); and I so used to eat this in my younger years until I heard about salmonella. And why doesn't Haagen-Daza in Australia have these flavours?

Japan Probe - a fairly video heavy blog, which makes it less work hours friendly, but my work IT records will reveal that I couldn't resist clicking on this and this.

Happily, I have managed to visit Sydney's very own 100 yen shop, which is actually located conveniently close to the place of lovely relaxation, aka the place where I get my massages. Unfortunately though the Japanese supermarket in its basement does not stock umeshu, which is what I was after at the time (it doesn't stock any sort of alcohol).

No comments:

Post a Comment